do you have any good homemade cleaning solution recipes?

can i just use bleach water?? and if so how much do i dilute it?? what do YOU do?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• One One One (all purpose cleaner, degreaser, and glass cleaner)

One part Each:

Ammonia

Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol)

Water

Be VERY careful NEVER to mix w/ bleach. It will create toxic chlorine gas.
    I use this as an all purpose cleaner/disinfectant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I use 1/2 white vinegar 1/2 water. OR:
    All-Purpose Cleaner
    2T vinegar, 1 t Borax, Hot water, a few drops of a mild dish detergent(Dawn)

In a 16 spray bottle put vinegar, borax and hot water. Swish around until borax has dissolved. Add the drops of dish detergent and fill the rest of the bottle with water.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You can use bleach water, if you want but you should know something important about it: it's not antibacterial. Or rather, it's antibacterial under very specific circumstances: it's a fresh bottle that has not been stored for more than a couple of months, and it hasn't been opened over and over again AND the solution is wet on the surface continuously for more than 4 minutes. Plus, it's not a very good cleaner --it is a poor surfactant (the ability to lift dirt and cut grease), but it is highly toxic and excellent for destroying fabrics.

You can also just use water --hot as you can stand. Hot water and air drying is the most effective way of washing the most germs and bacteria off anything. If there's grease that needs to be lifted, virtually any soap or detergent (hand soap to dishwasher detergent, depending on how dirty it is) added to the water will clean almost anything off of almost anything.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I use 1/4 a teaspoon in a 48fl oz bottle. instant clorox solution
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of water. I use this on my wood floors.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm pregnant and nesting - I have been going cleaning crazy, so I have been using a solution of straight white vinegar mixed with a little tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lemon oil (essential oil) and I think I put in another oil. The tea tree oil was just a teaspoon or two - it's very concentrated as any high-quality essential oil. The other oils have cleaning properties but they also help the smell. The scent is strong but wears off quickly, and this solution cleans pretty much everything very well... mold, soap scum, dirt - and vinegar is super cheap. The oils cost but last forever.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2010