which one is better?

so i am trying to find out if i am pregnant...i have take 2 dollar store tests and both have came back negative. i am debating to wait 2 days apart and buy some more $1 tests or go to walmart and buy the equate brand. what has worked better for you? i still have 6 days til i am on my period week according to my birthcontrol pack.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well I would say to go to the dollar ones. I used dollar ones nd they have never failed me
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Dollar store ones are just as good as the $20 ones. I would just wait till you missed your period, then take one.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you haven't missed your period yet, then you have the best shot at getting an accurate response if you use one that specifically says that it's accurate up to 5 days before your missed period. Any earlier than that, and it's a long shot as to whether you'll get a positive with any test even if you are pregnant. I would save your money and just wait until your period is supposed to start; if it does, then you won't have to spend any more money, and if it doesn't, a dollar store test should work fine (did for both of mine).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh, and all of the ones that don't specifically say they're accurate up to 5 days before your missed period are the same, even the ones they use at the doctor's office. The only difference you might see is the display (digital with "pregnant" or "not pregnant", a plus or minus, one or two lines, that kind of thing). So if you're not going to spend the extra money for an early response test, you'll get the same response with a dollar store test as you will with any other store brand.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• According to your birth control pack? If you are taking birth control, then why do you think you are pregnant? Maybe wait & see if you miss your period before you waste anymore money on tests.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• wait a few days then use a dollor store one
    jessicawhite07

Answer by jessicawhite07 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010