No Halloween

If you don't cleebrate halloween what reasoning do you give your children? Do you think they are disappointed to not be dressing up and trick or treating? What is your reason for not celebrating? No bashing..just curious.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• We celebrate the idea of dressing up, getting candy and having a good time. Nothing more than that like half the parents in america. Some choose not to celebrate Christmas but you don't see them picketing do you?
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I worked with a woman once who didn't celebrate. She said it had something to do with her religion.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My sister refuses to allow her children to trick or treat... But, they go to a "Fall Festival" hosted by the church (the kids play games, dress us, and get candy). I just love how it is against her religion to celebrate halloween, but they go to a church hosted halloween party! lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't get it either....especially yes, when there is a "Fall Festival". I mean, who educates a 4 year old on the history of Halloween anyways? Mot adults don't even know where hte history comes from. So why not at least join in the traditions we know today?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we trunk a trick and attend fall festivals. my reason its more fun and safer. times have change since i was a kid. Im a Christian and it has nuthin to do with that. too many ppl use religion to get out of doin stuff...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010