Do you or did you avoid events because of your two year old's tantrums?

Stressful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i try not to but yesterday i stayed 15mins at my bestfriends wedding cus my 18m dd threw a huge fit and wouldnt stop screaming, dont feel bad ur not the only one
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 2:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine dont throw fits, thankfully (1 + 2) but I probably would if they did :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope. Mine knew better than to have a tantrum. And if he did, we would have had a "Come to Jesus" meeting in the bathroom.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do avoid it sometimes.I know how my kds get. I don't like it when other people take their kids to stuff and force them to sit through it for five hours.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My daughter is pretty good at the events I take her too. I do try to get a sitter for certain events, like weddings and funerals, where children really don't have any place in anyways to avoid some tantrums because I know she'll get bored, and I feel it's cruel to subject my child to having to sit quietly through an event like that for hours at her age.

Honestly, nothing personally, but events like those aren't made for children, and I don't care how well behaved you say your children are, it's cruel to bring them unless they are specifically invited by the host.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I was voted down because my kid didn't have tantrums? Wow...maybe you should discipline your child voter downer.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yeah, I avoid having to go anywhere with my son. He has delays and some issues and he freaks out over leaving and being in a car or store. He hates crowds. It's just insane, But this should be changing soon now that he is in therapy. He is doing better as it is, but we still have a looooooong way to go. :/
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 2:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2010