Ever forget you had food in the crockpot?

Okay so today I was in my room putting away clothes and was by the window...I smelled steak, so I was trying to figure what neighbor would be home to be grilling steak...Then I came back to the computer and still smelled steak...driving me nuts the smell, it is such a good smell.

I just realized I have a sirloin steak w/ A1 steak sauce in the crock pot! That is the wonderful smell I am smelling! this is my first time doing a sirloin in the crock pot so I completely forgot all about it...

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Too funny! Yes, I certainly have. But isn't it a nice surprize.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope - because of just what you described! Food in the crockpot always smells so delicious, I just can't forget it's there! I love looking forward to a nice hot dinner that was so easy to prepare!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• but it was the smell of steak..and I never do steak in the crockpot that is what threw me off, lol, if it was anything else I would have realized it was the crockpot...I'm blonde and it's Monday..
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have and the smell made me remember
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Can't say that has ever happened to me. I love using my crock pot smelling food all day long, yummy.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• wheresthewayout haha perfect timing my 19 yr old daughter just called from college and told me something goofy and then said oh mom I'm just blonde.Oh ok except she has dark brown hair ,I wonder if she is blaming me since I am blonde hahaha. This happens at least twice a week. LOL
    Yes to your question hmmmmm blaming the blond could be correct hehe
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Hey I wish my 19 yr old would call from college once in awhile..she is blonde and worse then me, lol
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010