Would you be willing to pay a small monthly/yearly fee for someone to help you spend more quality time with your kids?

Someone to help you plan your weekly meals, grocery lists, crafts and activities to do with your kids, homemade gifts ideas, etc.

takencareof

Asked by takencareof at 2:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• No but I'm willing to pay someone to watch my kids. I'm a SAHM and I need a break sometime.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I've long said that I would prefer to pay for someone else to do the housework so I could do the mothering --'cause I know which one matters to the human race (or my kids) and which one doesn't.

In fact, I did just that: for a little less than the going rate for babysitting, I hired a mother's helper --a young teen to come and fold laundry, tidy toys, wash floors and windows, etc., so I could focus on what was important that only I could do: be a mom to my kids.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Definately, if I could afford to have someone doing my house cleaning for me I would. The closest I got to that was my reasoning for buying a dishwasher.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope...if i need help planning a craft for my child i ask my child what he's like to make.

My child & husband help plan meals & shopping lists as well...that's what being a family is.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't have someone else do those things. My kids seeing me do it, shows it's part of being a faimily and we need to do these things everyday. Life skills taught by mom are the best!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would love it if I could afford someone to clean the house. I can handle everything else.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No I can do all that and spend time with my kids. I include them in meal planning, grocery list, and those little things. It is great time for leaning too.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Id love for someone to make a grocery list/ meal plan for me! LOL I hate doing it!!
    I think id pay for it, as long as it was useful... and within budget (not very big since im sahm!)
    Im really good at planning but not the follow through..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Eh, I kinda already do -- its called Parent's Day Out! They watch my kids for a day so I can get all those things done and not feel like I'm neglecting my kids! I know they are in good hands and I get laundry wash, dried and folded! And whatever other chores need to be done in the middle of the week!
    mommareynolds09

Answer by mommareynolds09 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If it were affordable and they weren't overbearing. It would depend on how it worked, though....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010