when your a busy mommy and busy wife...by the end of the day your tired..sooo how can you balance out some time to unwind and make time with your honey?

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• truthfully it's kind of hard!!

there is times when me and dh would put a cartoon in for the kids and step outside and walk around the yard (our oldest is 11 so she is able to keep a eye out and get us if needed).

my dh works 12 hr days so i know how that is. on his days off i don't do but the basic cleaning. and try and set with him and watch a movie or snuggle. when he goes back to work i do have extra work i have to do, but it's well worth it. because the days he works i don't really get to see him.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 4:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• sometimes we don't spend time together at the end of the day. after i get my kids to bed, dh and i may play some video games or watch tv for an hour or 2 until we go to bed (dh has to be up at 4:30) we usually spend more time together on the weekends, after the kids are in bed, b/c he dosen't have to get up early
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I usually take a nice hot bath after the kids is off to bed
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My husband and I make it a point to watch at least one TV show or one movie every night together. When the kids go to bed we snuggle up on the couch and watch TV together. On weekends we have more availability to do so, but during the week it's when the kids are in bed that we get time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you make your DH do some things around the house, like cooking, cleaning the house or helping out with the kids. You will have enough energy for your DH.

Answer by louise2 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well i say when your busy like that make some time maybe like when the kids go to sleep or when they go to school take a nice bubble bath with your hubby give each other massages
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I try to get all my cleaning and dinner prep done in the morning. This way, I may be able to sneak a nap when the baby is sleeping and before I pick up the other kids from school. When dinner time comes around, I have a clean kitchen and just have to pop it in the oven. Then, I make my 16 year old do dishes after dinner :). A lot of times the baby won't go to sleep until we do so we just hang out on the couch and snuggle. On the weekends I usually can sneak an hour or two upstairs folding laundry in my locked bedroom plus a nap so it keeps me refreshed for the week.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 3:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My husband and I usually try to have a date night at least once an month with no kids. It seems to help us.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well getting dh to some things around the house would be nice..but he works 10 hrs a day sometimes more depending on what he has to do soo...by the time he would be home to clean or whatever that would be a problem for me..lol..so as nice as that sounds..i think i'll stick to being the house wife while he works and look for another plan..lol
    gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks for ur input ladies..i think ill try some of these!!
    gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010