2 children already 1 on the way how did you/ how would you feel?

My husband an i got married in April of 2008 we had our first son on March 12, 2009. Then our daughter on March 30, 2010. No i'm not trying to keep up with the duggards! I love my kids but didn't want anymore i was supposed to get the Merina installed if that's what you want to call it i waited 2 months and they said that my insurance didn't approve it, so since i had so many problems with the depo shot prior to getting pregnant the doctor and i came to the decision of the Birth Control Patch. After being on it for 2 months the first month using extra protection and the second month not i found out i was pregnant with baby number 3 on May 8th 2011. I almost feel embarassed that I'm pregnant again and i've only told about 2 - 3 people in my family besides my husband. I just feel like I am taking on sooo much soo soon. I am going to keep the child etc... but has anyone else ever been in this perdicament how did you feel?

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First of all, don't feel embarassed. I have a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old and should I get pregnant...or be, I actually took a test a couple days ago...anyways, I wouldprobably be in a little bit of shock and have the WTH am I going to do attitude for a while. Because that is a lot to hand. 2 babies a year apart is a lot to handle, then add another....yeah, I see how you feel. But I have relatives and friends who say adding another one to the mix after the first 2 is just adding a little more to the chaos. But if you choose to be done after the third, I would highly advice getting your tubes tied right after the birth. I think then it is covered more so than later one just saying, Hey I want my tubes tied now.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Stability in my position.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I did it! :-)
    I had baby #1 in October 1967
    #2 February 1969
    #3 in July 1971.
    I LOVED having them--I wouldn't do it any other way. And I didn't worry that most of the time my Air Force husband was gone...a lot....I handled it because I loved my kids. In fact, baby #2 was born when my DH was in SE Asia during the War. Then he was away for weeks and months at a time and my family was not there since we were transfered all over the USA and Germany.
    You CAN do it. DOn't be "embarassed"....you will be happy after all...really! You are not taking oj too muc---you will have HELP! Lucky YOU!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think once you get more used to the idea you will become more comfortable with it. Try to do what you can to make your life easier. Clear out clutter, get organized, make a list of dinners you like (especially easy ones) so you can easily make menus and such. Im sure it will be an adjustment and a worry but sometimes God's plan is way better than our own!! I do have experience with that. Dont be embarrased just allow yourself some time to adjust and get excited before telling everyone. Your outlook on it will have alot to do wth how they react.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 3 would not be embarrassing...if you were about to have #8+, it might be cause for a little embarrassment. LOL But, 3 is nothing anymore.

My friend had 2, 15 months apart, another one a couple years later and finally came up with #4(after husbands vasectomy) a few years later. SHE should be embarrassed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we just found out that we are pregnant with #6 not to long ago. we actually was talking about waiting 5 or 6 years before having another because we wanted a little breather for a while. we didn't know i was already pregnant.

I'm not actually embarassed to be pregnant but i'm not running out telling everyone either. frankly i'm tired of all the comments that we get. that's why i haven't told many people and don't even plan on telling my in laws at all. they will find out when they do if they don't then oh well. i have gotten pregnant with about all my babies on birth control. the last OB i had even stated that since i seem to have birth control babies and they don't do anything for me that their is really no sense in trying them any more.just went we know for a fact that we are finished having kids for one of us to get fixed.

i personally think that every baby has a reason for being. just breath it will work out!!!
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 3:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You can do it, I have a 4 year old a 18 month old ans due in may.. we can do this!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thank you everyone for you great comments! I really appreciate all of them, but as for having help i guess that's what i am worried about my husband got fired in February of 2010 out of the coal mine and then went to work for a contracting company and when i had my little girl about a month later he left for Louisiana for 8 weeks and after that he came back and hasn't had another job offer from the various contracting companies yet and he is on Unemployment i think that may be where the embarasment factor comes into play. But again thank you guys so much !
    Bluesdawg02

Comment by Bluesdawg02 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i know how u feel i had my first on august 27th 2009 and my 2nd is coming anyday now my body is extremely tired from being pregnant back to back and ive had a lot of stress during this pregnancy we lost our son on may 18th 2010 and we were not as excited about our daughter because we dont want something to happen to her as well anyways my son passed away from pediatrician neglect and now we are more excited for our lil princess to get here i just wish she would come already my body is so tired
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010