About my 4 month old mixed little girl and her hair...

I am as white as can be! I have no idea the proper hair care for my baby girl. She is still [we are still] fighting cradle cap. I have been told by my MIL and hubbys dad wife that black people have very dry scalp and that putting grease on her scalp would help. Problem is, she has super soft and fine baby hair. I just want to learn a little more I guess. What should I be washing her hair with, if anything special? I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo now. Should I be putting grease or pink lotion? She can't use lotion with fragarance, just lotion, in it because she is allergic to that. I use curel fragarance free lotion after her baths- daddy is super ashy so I dont want that for her and plus it helps with after bath rash that she used to get. I guess she has dry skin. Please enlighten me on what I should be doing to make sure babygirl doesnt grow up without proper hair care and such. Hubby isn't sure, he doesn't do anything

BeckieLea

Asked by BeckieLea at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• special to his. THank in advance!
    BeckieLea

Comment by BeckieLea (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would recommend just plain old unscented baby oil. Rub that in to her scalp, and let it sit for half an hour to an hour before bath time. Then, gently massage her scalp, as you wash it out with whatever shampoo you use. For dry skin, I recommend aloe& vitamin E lotions. They have just plain old aloe, or aloe and E mixed together without other stuff, and that works really well on all skins. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It all depend on how curly/nappy her hair gets. If it is really curly/nappy. You will need to learn how to braid/french braid her hair. Or relax it. Right now she probably is to young to put anything in it. Unless she has a lot of hair. Buy some pink lotion for now. When she get older you might need to go to hair greese. Buy a wide tooth comb/pick. It will help to comb her hair out. Both my DD's are half white/black. So I know all to well. I am white. I hope you have a boy next time. all you have to do with them is cut their hair short.

Answer by louise2 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thank you louise2. My DD is only a 1/4th black and hubs and I are betting that it wont be much worse than my hair. I have extremely thick and curly hair! I know how to french braid which is great. Will the pink lotion make her break out you think or will it be trial and error with that too? I will do trial and error if need be. I myself cant have fragarance in my lotion so I know kind of how her skin is. Thanks again though!
    BeckieLea

Comment by BeckieLea (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If she has or is going to have your arlegie issues you will just have to do trial and error, with stuff to put in her hair.. My grand DD's are a quarter black and their hair is like mine (thick and curly). More like white peoples thick and curly. So they use Frizz-ease serum. that is what I use. And mouse. You are just going to have to wait and see what type of hair she will have.

Answer by louise2 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010