need potty training help!!! 911!

I have a two yr old daughter that refuses to potty train. he sister was so easy it only took a weekend literally a weekend when she was about 18 months, but Rylee, i have been working with her for more than 2 months now and she just wont do it, i know she can I've seen her do it a few times. but she just doesn't care, I've tried letting her buy her own panties and telling her we don't wanna pee on tinker bell now she doesn't like to be wet. lol. I've tried treats, rewards, even bribery. i even used my cousin's suggestion and had her sit in her wet pants for a minutes when she peed in them. she just doesn't care. she has no motivation to want to do it, she really doesn't care i am completely out of ideas, what do i do? please please help me!

hendricksonmama

Asked by hendricksonmama at 3:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay first of all, don't hold your son up to your daughter's standards. Realize that every child is different and will not develope at the same pace. Second, don't pressure him to go. If you pressure him than going to the bathroom is never going to be easy for him. He just turned 2. Give him time. Let him get comfortable with it on his own. The more he sees other kids doing it the more he will want to do it himself. And finally, encourage him. Don't DISCOURAGE him if he doesn't do it in the toilet. Just say, "It's okay, just remember where the toilet is," if he doesn't exactly do it in the toilet. IF he atleast does it without the diaper on, don't repremand him for peeing on the carpet. You didn't repremand him for falling when he tried to walk did you? This is the same thing. Just tell him in a calming voice where to go when he gets that feeling again. Good luck!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sorry daughter, not son.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Also, she's two. She's too young to care or not care. Just give her time. Encourage it but don't force it. She'll get it eventually. I mean how many school age kids do you know who still wear diapers?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She may not be ready. Look up potty training readiness signs and see if she even has any much less all of them. And for the record. Probably only 2 out of a million kids are trained at 18 months. My son was 2.5 and it took 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My DD was three when she finally got out of diapers. We encouraged it everyday, but she'd still wet her pants sometimes. Then finally she kept doing it in the toilet. So it takes time, you just need to be patient. This isn't a race or a contest to see who can be potty trained the quickest. It's all in how comfortable the child feels about it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• ugh, my dd is the same way. but she is about to be 3. stick with it.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• just keeping tryin she will get it
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010