do you think i am right for this?

i think i am going to put a little distance between me and my bff (girl). here is the stuation... she is married with 3 kids. recently me and my BD broke up so i was calling her a lot but we didnt hang out any because she lives on the other side of town. so then recently her DH went to jail and he is gonna be there a while. the same week i met a guy and now she's acting all weird. she told me to not forget who was there when I needed someone. (it's true; for a couple days i was calling her less) but then i resumed calling her a lot again. i even called her when i was with him. she's still acting weird. i know it's hard for her because her husband is gone but i need to have my life too. and i only see him on the weekends. i talk to her every night AND we work together. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont think an explanation is needed , you have your life and she has hers, Im sure there were times when you needed her and she was up in her husbands face , so don't let her try and make you feel guilty and throw things up in your face, you shouldnt do things and expect things in return it should come from your heart, enjoy your new bf because you deserve happiness and don't let anyone steal your joy
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You both have your own life to live.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She is treating you like you're her mom. It's not the place of any one friend to meet all the needs of anyone. Make it a point of your 'calling all the time' to talk about her other friends... ask if she's doing anything with them, if she's talked to them lately --just to gently lead her to the idea that she has more people who can support her than just you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• she has other friends but she is making me feel bad about being with someone.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 3:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That was nice of her to listen to you , however, she seems like high maintenance. I don't like to feel obligated. I am a good friend, but don't own them my life because they listened to a problem I was having nor would I expect that of them.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes that is good to have friends but just be honest with her if she is your friend she will understand that you need your life to that you cant always talk to her all the time
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010