Warning to Glenn Beck: Don't drink diet coke. adult content

On friday, Beck announced on his radio show that he will be taking a brief leave of absence for medical reasons. There is something wrong with my voice, and we're not sure what it is, Beck said.
He may be a victim of Rumsfeld Plague. He drinks a lot of diet coke. Coca-cola began putting the surgar substitute aspartame in diet coke in 1982. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, aspartame accounts for over 75% of the dverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seilures and death.

This is to clear up some of the false statements made yesterday on CM.

Do you drink a lot of diet coke?

http://www.infowars.com/warning-to-glen-beck-dont-drink-diet-coke/

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this is gods way of telling Beck to shut his mouth.

Wow.. Do you judge all people with illnesses/conditions on what they do that you don't like?  My mom is a boisterous liberal with MS...  Is her MS because of all her protests in the 60's?? Or wait... was this a pathetic attempt at a joke because of of Beck's faith and being sick?  hrmmmmmmmm, interesting 'opinion' you have have there...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Diet drinks give me headaches. If I must have soda I'll take Coke but I try to stay away from it these days. I had a harder time quitting Coca-cola than coke, pain pills or mj.

Artifical sweetener is crap.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Don't drink soda. My daughter had her first sprite at the age of 6 at a pizza party.. Now my kids take their own water bottles everywhere they go. Soda only fills your body with crap... Water and homemade juices are what we drink inlo of soda.... Funny thing about freshly made fruit juices, they don't need sugar.. They don't need preservatives... I am guilty of coffee... Trying to phase out.. Hard... But I won't let my kids have caffeine beverages.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I drink 4 diet sodas a day, plus coffee with sweet and low. I can see and talk fine. Beck is a tool.

Well, if it has no affect on YOU, then it must be all good.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Asparatame is an alcohol when looked at chemically. It fools the body to think it is ingesting sugar and the body starts to produce or release more insulin, resulting in a later need for real sugar. It throws the metabolism off and actually contributes more to diabetes and metabolic syndrome and obesity moreso than real sugar.
    Soda is available with real sugar, buy that instead. JMHO
    We do not drink soda at our house. Just right wing koolaid.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't buy soda, and when I do have a soda, it's about once every couple weeks, and I can't see having a bottle full of sugar. Whether it's real or not it's not good for you, so I opt for the Diet. I also prefer Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi...

I also don't like to listen to Glen Beck... Sick or not I don't care what he drinks....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Aspartame is one of my migraine triggers. That stuff is garbage. It's one of the things I read labels for. Do you know that they put that crap in children's multi-vitamins?!? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wow.. Do you judge all people with illnesses/conditions on what they do that you don't like? My mom is a boisterous liberal with MS... Is her MS because of all her protests in the 60's?? Or wait... was this a pathetic attempt at a joke because of of Beck's faith and being sick? hrmmmmmmmm, interesting 'opinion' you have have there...

No...my comment doesn't relate your mom. I think this example is a personal communication between god and beck.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You should ask Glen Beck, he thinks spiritual hurts either YOU caused or you experience result in physical ailments. He didnt blame diet coke...he blamed spiritual issues...

Ahhhh, so she and Beck are on the same level of thinking... Thanks for clarifying... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This is to clear up some of the false statements made yesterday on CM
    -----------------
    this is a daily occurrence.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010