"Know what you want in a man"

What are you looking for in a man? If you're single?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, I'm happily married for 22 years now, but I DID have a list of what I wanted in a man when I met my husband......and he's very different from the man I thought I wanted.....but it's been working for us for all these years, so, I guess it's okay to have an idea what you want, but I wouldn't totally disqualify guys who don't meet your requirements...you never know if they'll be the one.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• responsible to hold a job, financially secure, good money sense, a good friend, a sense of humor, loving, caring, loyal, kind, compassionate.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm just looking for someone who is understanding, faithful, trustworthy, and who wants the same thing I'm looking for which is family, a lot of kids, and for us to be on the same level of maturity
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• While I am married, I had a short list of things I was looking for:
    1. He had to be taller than me.
    2. His hair could not be longer than mine (it was halfway down my back)
    3. His ass could not be smaller than mine

I decided these 3 things were dealbreakers because my poor feminine ego couldn't handle it otherwise! :)
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• im married almost 4 years now, and my dh is not the man i was looking for, i wanted a guy who could do everything with me,,wanted to hangout ,party,go to clubs with me,my dh doesnt drink but he goes to the bar with me and is my dd, me and my husband are complete oppisites we have nothing in common, and it works cus we are both independent and this way we dont get on each others nerves, also my dh is the only man i could image being acceptibal around our 2dds and i never hafta remind him to watch his mouth, before i met him i didnt are and dated guys that were fun in the now, not good for the future
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 4:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• im not married but i have a boyfriend who is the father im my child

& everything i wanted in my man i didnt get except the height but im happy sometimes with what i have

Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• When I was single, I wanted a tall, well built, blond guy with blue eyes and who had a job and treated me great. I have now been married for 23 years to a dark haired, short guy with blue eyes who is a little overweight, but loves me and is a great dad. Once I stopped looking for that "perfect guy", the right one came along.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 5:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well, I been married almost 4 years now but... i had a list. Caring, had to open my doors, family liked him, loved kids, like sports, funny, easy to talk to, paid for everything, Treat me like a princess... i found it! Hope you do too
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010