what do you do if

what do you do if you love your SO with alllll your heart. but you are not physically attracted to them any more?

michellezk210

Asked by michellezk210 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Marriage can be hard enough all on it's own. Even when a marriage is GREAT, it takes effort on the parts of both spouses to make it great.

Marriage is even harder, when spouses are working against one another in that marriage instead of working together in that marriage.
    Life throws a lot at us, it's easier to face it head on as a unit working together, than as a unit full of in fighting :-)

And of course. When we feel that we are working together with our partners. That we do our best to bring out the best in one another, and work together to accept things that need to be accepted and change things that need to be changed. We feel far more attracted to them :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Me....

I would take a hard look into myself and figure out why I wasn't attracted to my husband any longer.. I would need to know: is it me or is it something about him. Is it something that I have control over, or something I don't.

Once I figured out why I was no longer attracted to him. I would then address and hopefully rectifiy those issues, if possible.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Spice things up. Try different things in the bedroom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• like what arent you attracted to anymore? is it his apperance? weight?
    my DH used to be very fit and very sexy then he just got careless and gained weight and went shaggy on me, then realized i let myself go too, so I just started doing more active things outside, started wearing make up again and dressing nicer...and i notced since i was improving my self he did as well now hes bac kto me sexy DH again :p
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 3:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Okay..
    What is it about his appearance that is a turn off for you now? And has it always been one?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'll share one last thing with you based on what you just shared.

Work together in your marriage.... Not against one another..

It's very easy, to get caught up on little things and not so little things. Things like: doing something differently, looking at something differently because of the way you were raised differently... etc... When that happens. A couple begins working against one another. And that happens because, well because we are human that's why. We get caught up on things like: why can't he see it my way, why can't she do it my way, I would feel "X" if you didn't do "X", well I wouldn't do "X" if you would do"X":.... Get what I mean. When we get caught in that cycle. We start working against one another.

Compromise and working together is what needs to happen. Working together for both to change, and for both to learn to see and appreciate the other for who/what they are.

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• you can work out together because if you tell him to exercise he might take offense but if you do it together then its more like lets help eachother out we both could stand to lose some weight and it makes them more willing to do it
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Pixy trix has a great answer and I agree with her. Try to figure out what it is that is a turn off for you and see if it's something you both can work out. GL

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have this problem too, I'm trying to better myself but and constantly sabotaged by my dh, but I allow it, I'm slowly learning to not allow him to do it but it is hard, we both have let ourselves go.....why??
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• his appearance not weight
    michellezk210

Comment by michellezk210 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010