? About Abortions adult content

I just read alot of responses to an abortion post. It made me think anout educating women on preventing pregnancy and how abortion is presented. If someone goes in for an abortion do they give the facts stating women may have regrets/ flashbacks? Do they educate women about resources so they can choose if they can keep their baby? Do thye let them hear the heartbeat? Do the go to a few counseling sessions first and then make the abortion appointment? Im not saying all of these things should be done. I am against aortion for myself but prochoice for others. I believe it is life but I think people should be educated and informed before making the decision. So many women express regret later in life about abortion..would education change this? Do we make abortion to much a of quick/easy choice?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I concur. Its too easy. I went to high school with a girl who by junior year had 8 abortions. You cant tell me she didnt know where they were coming from!?!?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Many women DONT express regret.

In fact, most women don't talk that much about it because it's no ones business.

Does someone tell me how fat my Big Mac is going to make me everytime i go to McDonalds? No...they just give me the damn burger.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• – collapse
    no no no...quite the opposite. abortion clinics are there to make money. they won't even give a pregnancy test to make sure you are pregnant. in fact abortions have been performed on women who weren't even pregnant. after you're sedated and then once you wake up they can tell you anything
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• i had a cousin that went to get a pregnancy test done once and they started telling her the moment the test came back positive that she needed to get a abortion and that she was messing up her life if she had the baby. there was no talk of adoption or anything and she was to early to hear the heartbeat.

pretty much she just got up and walked out with 2 women following her telling her she was seriously screwing up her life by having the baby. once in the waiting room my aunt told the to back off.

so no they don't educate people. they harass people if they don't do what they want them too.

me on the other hand had went to the hospital for something and told them their was a good chance i was pregnant, they gave me information on adoption and doctors in the area and information on caring for a baby. the doctor was anti abortion and said he didn't give out abortion information unless asked
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 4:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Abortion clinics are not in the business to give the woman an alternative, they are there to terminate and period. I also agree with aliishott, there have been women who go through life thinking they have had an abortion and were never pregnant.

Answer by older at 4:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you have never walked in those shoes then you will never know why or how they made the choice they did. I am sure that for each and every woman that has made that choice it was not an easy one nor one they took lightly. We make choices in life and have no choice but to live with them right or wrong.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Are those the resources that women on this site bash other women for accepting? Is this the education that the religious right wants to suppress? Is this the sex that the religious right decries because women aren't married?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• From what I've ever heard/read, what you're questioning is the norm for most. There will always be horrible clinics, no matter the purpose.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I know when I had my abortion, the nurse, counselor, and doctor all asked me several times if I was sure this is what I wanted. I didn't feel pressured at all.
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks crystal that is what I was wondering. I think women should have the right to choose but I think they should be given info so its and informed choice. If a girl just feels like she cant face her parents then the couselors should recognize that and discuss things with her before just going ahead with an abortion. I think women may have them due to fear of the unknown, being young, and its the easiest answer at the time but if they knew they had support they may see other options.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010