Other countries ....what?

I saw this on Fox news......Please no comments on THAT LOL.

At least 64,000 people from all 50 states and more than 20 countries have given money to support or oppose a ban on same-sex marriage in California, reflecting broad interest in a race that some consider second in national importance only to the presidential election.

UmmmmWHY are other countries putting money in on this? Either way you intend to vote thats a little wierd! What do ya'll think

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you see how much the Catholic and Mormon churches have put in? I think the last count for Mormons was $9 million!!!!!!! They have asked the kids in their church to hold up signs on street corners opposing it. I think they asked for $1000 donations on top of the 10% tithing.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It's probably pay back. I know that there were American organisations that put big bucks into fighting the gay marriage iniative in Canada. Thankfully, they lost and homosexuals have equal rights up here.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Why cant seperating church and state happen with this. The main reason ppl oppose it is b/c of religion, it's a sin. Well let them sin, dont judge and leave them alone I say.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• umm where is all that money going I wonder? and what ever happened to separation of church and state
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I know a lot of it went it to advertising, door to door fliers, posters, etc.

This made me so mad! I don't think churches should be allowed to get this involved with government and be tax exempt
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• so what happens when a gay couple walks into a church and wants to hold their wedding their and they are refused.. and of course with the stupid liberal court system we currently have in California... they will be able to sue and probably win. what about schools taking kindergartners and 2nd graders to a homosexual wedding and coming out day... parents not notified and nothing can be done... and what about when text books change in school to begin to show not just male/female couples but male/male and female/female... that is why we (I) am for proposition 8... because now there lifestyle is being forced upon me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• oh,,, and the gay wedding and coming out day incident already happened. parents were not notified... if we want our kids to learn about homosexuality.. we will teach them what the bible teaches them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• and no.... I'm not a hater.. I don't hate people who are gay. I have friends and relatives who are but they know that I consider there lifestyle against my beliefs and what the bible says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Prop 8 does is for the definition of marriage. Not all this other stuff. The gay wedding was the kids teachers. I read the articles about this and many parents said they knew. Do you really think a school can take students on a "secret" field trip and not tell the parents. That would be a whole new problem. Is the school getting sued for not having parent approval. I couldn't find any evidence of it.

And how is it fair to have your lifestyle "forced upon them"? How would you like to grow up and only see homosexual couples in books. To have your religious views considered law because they are your RELIGIOUS views.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh so even people that are not truly gay will have the same benefits of my husband and I. Yeah, I totally disagree with that. People will abuse the system.

And somehow gay people amaze me. They want to love the same sex, but someone in the relationship always tends to be more of the "Boy" character and the other the "girl" character. And don't even get me started on how their parts don't match! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008