Can my hair get lighter in color?

I am a brunette I dye my own hair but I'd like to go lighter I usually get Dark Brown but wanting my hair 2 shades up but lately I have been doing my roots but what if I dye my whole head with the lighter shade will my roots take and the rest will stay dark? I do not want that if that's thecae I'll just stick to DB:/
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you cannot go from dark to light with hair color you will need to go see a professional..
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You can, but you'll have to go to a salon and have the color stripped before you can change it. It is not something that you can do at home.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• you could bleach out your head, then color over the bleach at home, past that you will have to go to a pro to get it stripped. color doesn't lift color :(
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• time is all you need.

in time your hair will gray and that is much lighter than brown.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I say go to a salon. When you go lighter all over, you really need to have a professional do it for you. Good luck!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• see a professional!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010