How much it too much for a pair of shoes ?

I saw a pair of shoes for $495 and I know you should treat yourself but I felt that was way too high

toybar02

Asked by toybar02 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• I would not be a good gauge for that.

I have paid up to 4 figures for a pair of shoes.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Is a shoeaholic... wrong person to ask.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i am very practical..... i would have to know what it was made out of..... if it was versitle (like is it stilettos you could only wear once in a while, or a shoe you could wear every day). if it was a really nice quality leather dress shoe and i had a professional type job i could wear them every day then i would go for it. if it's a pair of 5" stilettos i would only wear once and could hardly walk in forget it lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• For used shoes no more than fifty cents (I don't care what brand they are they are used and they are shoes end of story) and new no more than $45.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I depends 100% on what your disposable income is.

That is a reasonable amount for a few people.... for others that would equal a months rent.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Holy Moly...I would never pay that much for a pair of shoes or an article of clothing...that's craazzzzyyy!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't think I've spent more than $60 on a pair of shoes. Those were originally $100 and I found them on sale around Christmas. They're really nice boots that are comfortable and go with all my pants and a few skirts and dresses. I usually try to spend no more than $30. I'm cheap lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would only pay that much for a pair of shoes if they were great looking, the most comfortable shoes ever made and lasted for years
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:45 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If i had the money to splurge...there would be no price limit or guilt.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 5:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010