Pains in lower stomach if I walk too much..

This is the second time I have taken my son to the park and went walking on nature trails...about half way through I get one of those pains as if I had been running. Remember when you were younger and after running for a long time you could get a strong pain on the side of your stomach? Anyone else get these? Know what they are??
I'm 22 weeks, and this is the only real problem I have had.

jeepwranglrbabe

Asked by jeepwranglrbabe at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have been getting it too. When I over do anything i.e. playing with my 2 year old, cleaning, etc., I start to get sharp pains in my stomach. My dr told me it was probably just the baby telling me to slow down and is nothing to be concerned with unless you start bleading. Talk to your dr.
    Anonymous

• A stitch in your side? Most likely it is just your muscles pulling. I get them randomly, mostly from walking up and down stairs.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ive had that!!!..i was i think 20 weeks?or 21..right now tomarrow ill be 24 weeks and when i was walking to my bfs house..i walked not that much and in the same place it started hurting like if i just got done running a mile or half a mile..it got all cramped up like that but i just kept walking..
    and thats 1 reason why im always laying down lol
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I used to get them... Braxton Hicks contractions can start any time after 20 weeks. I had them quite a bit while I worked because I worked at McDonald's and had to do a lot of walking and standing on my feet. When they hit, just change positions (from sitting to standing, etc.) If they don't stop when you do that, or they continue to happen, then you should probably worry. But I had them the last 19 weeks, and I worked up until the week before I had my son. Nothing bad happened to me. So I'm sure you'll be ok. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 11:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I get them too, I just slow down. I got some walking with my son on a trail too, I guess avoid trails haha. I just try to rest when I over exert myself. The pain stops.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 27, 2008