Have you ever bought an expensive fragrance?

I want to buy a bottle of Chanel Perfume but the cheapest is $95. What's the most expensive fragrance you ever bought and do you wear it often?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• Chanel here too - I buy it from reputable online sites though and save some $$. Well, I should say I DID, that was BB, BEfore Baby!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Chanel Number 5. Hubby has gotten it for me before.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have - I don't wear it every day. Most perfumes give me headaches but I LOVE Thierry Mugler's Angel perfume and it has been my "signature scent" for years (alas, no longer straight patchouli). My grandma gives me money for some every year because she feels that it's a luxury all women should have - their favorite perfume
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I really love the Ed Hardy perfume, it's amazing! I paid $75 for it, and I'm glad I did!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The best kind of fragrances are the ones infused with pheromones. They increase animal lust in the opposite sex by 150%. They work on some people more than others. I bought some at the sex shop for $20. Not expensive and my husband always tells me I smell good. It also helps with social interactions, getting job offers, etc. I only wear it if i'm prepared for the consequences though...lol.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I didn't know certain fragrances actually had an affect on people's moods. I mean I know aroma therapy will teach you that fragrances do have affects on people, but I honestly thought perfume was all commercial. lol
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• How can I get a Chanel sample? I don't live anywhere near a Macy's or a Nordstroms. How can I get a free sample?
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Found a 100 bill on the ground yrs ago. Bought a teeny bottle of dolce and gabana 85.00. That hasn't happened since I met DS amd had kids
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• OP - I have a book regarding essential oils and aromatherapy that is pretty enlightening about why it is so powerful. This includes medicines through the skin as well. It's pretty interesting! When taken in through the membranes, medicine is more powerful because it doesn't go through the chemistry of the digestive system - also eliminated more cleanly from the body. Pretty cool stuff.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't wear it every day, but I bought a bottle of Stella by Stella McCartney for $65 at Sephora.

My other favorite is a perfume oil called "Sea of Glass" from a company called Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. It's $20 or $25 for a small bottle of the oil but it lasts FOREVER because you use so little of it! I especially like that BPAL has so many options and you can order "imps" or sample vials of almost every frangrance (and they have like... 100 or so to choose from.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010