Why do people care that some use anon? Hopefully here we should feel that we are anonymous and do not have to worry about repercussions. Sometimes you need to be able to say what you feel or ask hard questions without that fear.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you tootoobusy. I have shared some things on here that were very painful experiences for me but if they can help someone else in any way I will post them. I use the anon so friends on here do not ask me a lot of questions.........and some friends do not even know these things have happened to me. I will use anon now for the same reason. If others want to stand in judgement of me, so be it. I have never answered any question with rudeness.
    Anonymous

• because too often people use anonymous to post rude comments, or questions that are just bs and a waste of time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Me personally.

I have no issues with people posting/answering anonymously.

It's the question itself that I focus on. Not the screen-name attached to the question.

If it's a bullshit question, and I don't feel like dealing with bullshit at that moment.. I skip it.
    If it's a bullshit question asked strictly to stir shit.. I skip it.
    If it's a bullshit question posted all in good fun... I'll answer all in fun, if I'm in the mood.

And sometimes... LMAO

It's clear that the the OP needs to use discretion due to the nature of the question. And that's totally understandable, and I can even respect that. Let's face it. Once something is on the net, it's on there for anyone and everyone (if they really want to look for it bad enough) to find and see. Sometimes, discretion is a must and understandable.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I see that question a lot and I wonder the same thing. Everyone is always saying, it's an open forum and you have a right to do this or that, but when it comes to anon there's a lot of criticism.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 4:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• they will tell you they don't like when people are anon because they post rude answers but really they are just mad that they don't know who it is, and cant send them nasty messages right back or snoop at their profile. ha.
    Anonymous

• agreed
    Anonymous

• If you google a question , your profile name will show up and therefore you are an open book as far as what you say in print because common knowledge on the internet. Something to think about.............
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have friends and family on here that I don't want them to know I'm asking certain questions.
    Particularly about my relationship with my dh and possible divorce.
    I have more than enough to deal with, without them banging my door down to find out what is going on and to endure their meddling and trying to fix a broken situation.
    Anonymous

• I agree with princessbeth79. If you can dish it, you better be ready to take it!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I see anonymous posts as garbage, personally. I feel that if your view had any value, you'd stand up for it and be willing to argue it's value rather than hide behind an anonymous tag.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010