What is the best way to make leaf rubbings?

My son has to do a leaf rubbing picture for his boy scouts group, just wondered the best way to do it, I always rubbed over wax paper.. not sure if that is the best

miss372

Asked by miss372 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yep with a crayon on its side....i remember those in school
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 10:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I placed the leaf under the paper and colored with different color crayons. here are some instructions.

http://cela.albany.edu/literacycorner/activities/LeafRubbings.htm
    hsiburt

Answer by hsiburt at 11:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My kids did them at Gilda's Club a couple weeks ago. They put the leaf under paper and rubbed the top of the paper with crayons. They used fall colors..it was really cool.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I just saw it also on tv you can also use a thick crayon on paper. have fun!!!!!!!!!
    momnlovinit

Answer by momnlovinit at 6:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You might also want to tape the paper down if your son has trouble keeping the paper still. Don't want any double prints!
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 8:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ♥ I remember doing a Rubbing Project as a child. I used a really thin Copper Sheet and a Cotton Ball dipped in some kind of thick Black Paint. We wrapped the Copper Sheet over a Square of thin wood (or cardboard) and we had what we wanted to "Rub" in between. The other ideas sound a lot simpler! ♥
    Tiera

Answer by Tiera at 11:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2008