how long did your little one use a high chair?

my DD is 2.5 and doesn't use one anymore, but just cerious to know how old is the average age for them lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• she was one
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i think about to was for my boys but my daughter was 16 months and decided she wanted to sit with the big boys and eat. but we have a little plastic tikes picnic table that they sit at
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i think until they were 2
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We had a regular highchair that had a clamp on tray. We also have an antique maple one with no tray, we have removed the slides. We always have someone sitting there. Now she is 3 yr and 10 mo.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My 2 year old is still uses a high chair sometimes because it's the only way I can get him to sit still long enough to eat.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My oldest used hers until she was about 2, and her little sister (now 21 months) is still using it too. My kids are so wiggly, even a booster seat doesn't do the trick because they'll wiggle themselves right off the kitchen chair onto the floor! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i use a restraunt style high chair so she eats at the table with us she is 3 and cant reach the table if seated on a reg. chair
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 4:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• All my kids and grandkids used their highchairsuntil they were at least 2 1/2. My GD was in hers until she was almost 4..but she is teeny tiny petite.. No booster at the table raised her high enough.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DD used one until she was around 2-1/2 and then we moved her to a booster seat. She's still in her booster seat at 4-1/2 only because she can't comfortably sit at the table yet without it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ours until he was around a year, year and a half, one because he really didn't like his too much, and because his daycare really pushed the kids to be sitting at a table. I just finally gave up on using it. I wish I hadn't given up though. Next child I'm keeping him or her in for as long as I possibly can.

The funny thing is, my MIL has an old high chair here, that I honestly hate (my SIL got it at a yard sale) but my son likes to sit in it. His was much better IMO and had more cushioning. Go figure!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010