what age to trick or treat?

The majority of my trick or treater are under 1yr old in their parents arms or stroller no other children with or teenagers over 16.I feel the parents are just doing it for the candy most arent even in costume and the teenagers in my opinion are too old.I started my kids at age 3 and stopped at age 11.

slyvester

Asked by slyvester at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I used to look at the parents carrying around babies doing TorT'ing for them thinking that they are only doing so that THEY can get the candy. HOWEVER, now that I'm a parent, I completely understand. DD was 2 days shy of 9 months old for her first Halloween and if it weren't that she had a cold and it was very cool outside, we definitely would have taken her TorT'ing just to get that experience in. At that age, it is so exciting because there is so much new happening...oh yeah, I definitely understand why they do it...and I don't think it's just for the candy.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm with you! My daughter started when she was old enough to walk around, to understand what we were doing, and to eat the candy. We'll continue through elementary school.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i took my daughter last year and she was in a stroller but we didn't go up to the door anything. if i did i gave it to her cousin's. she was just a baby. this year she walks but she doesn't say trick or treat yet. but i think its just fun. i wore a cowboys hat so i was sort of in costume. its for the pictures and memories. i stopped trick or treating around 13yrs old and then it was about the parties and then i got to take the little kids in my family which was fun. i look forward to it. i will let her trick or treat until probably 12 or 13 majority of the time they go to parties after that.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my oldest was a year old when we started. but because theres years between the girls i had to take the stroller.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I told my kids that they couldn't go anymore after their 12th birthday. They are younger than that now, I'm just giving them forewarning.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm 27 yrs old and still go trick or treating, always had a little one with me even before having kids. It's the one night of the year i can still play dress up and be a kid again. I think it should all be in that spirt of the event
    stef83momof3

Answer by stef83momof3 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 10
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Im taking my daughter and she is 15 months and my son, who will be in the stroller, is 1 month. Its never to early to go out and have fun!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010