Do you believe that these protesters should have been arrested for protesting inside a church?

Worshippers at a Bible-teaching church in Lansing, Mich., were stunned when members of a pro-homosexual, pro-anarchy organization named Bash Back interrupted their service to fling propaganda and condoms around the sanctuary, drape a profane banner from the balcony and feature two lesbians making out at the pulpit. Then Bash Backers who had dressed up and mixed in with church worshippers took action.

According to De Leeuw, "Prayer had just finished when men and women stood up in pockets across the congregation, on the main floor and in the balcony "'Jesus was gay,' they shouted among other profanities and blasphemies as they rushed the stage. Some forced their way through rows of women and kids to try to hang a profane banner from the balcony while others began tossing fliers into the air. Two women made their way to the pulpit and began to kiss," he wrote.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80743

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow! How disgusting. I don't know how they can legally be charged with anything except maybe trespassing, but honestly? Is the way to demand tolerance and respect is through such a display of intolerance and disrespect? It seems to me our rights-oriented society has sunk to the level where we only respect the rights of those we agree with. and those we disagree with... screw them.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes they should have been arrested.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Do I agree with their actions, hell no. Do I believe in their first amendment right to free speech, yup. They should get a trespassing citation for doing this inside the church; had they been outside I could see no reason for legal action.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• They were completely in the wrong to protest INSIDE the church. While the church is open to the public, it is open for a specific purpose. You couldn't go in and have a disco party in the middle of a service, could you? They have a right to protest but they should've kept it outside on public property.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Shouldn't have occurred inside, mainly because of the heightened risk of physical harm... but I don't see it as any different than christians who protest. Especially at events like a pride walk.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Tit for tat... I'd imagine they have just gotten fed up with the blatant discrimination and bigotry coming from the religious organizations. Hence the name, "Bash Back". I'm not condoning the way they went about it, but I can TOTALLY understand the anger and frustration behind their actions.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Anything that was once normal; honorable; to be respected, has gone out with the bath water. As Obama said," we are not a Christian nation any longer." That opened the door to "anything goes" Whether it be taking the life of an unborn child or allowing marriages to be mocked. Kids walk in your home in the middle of the day to beat the crap out of you and take what they want. They pull you out of your car at a stop sign to take it. Or they kill your kids for the brand of tennis shoes. Whether Christian or of any belief, we say, "Everyone deserves the right to express themselves." The sad part about it all, was the effect it was going to have on the children. But what does that matter anymore either, with all they watch on TV it shouldn't shock them. So why make a fuss. Until your world is disrupted, what does it matter. Lets just get the Nuclear War going & be done with it all! Then it won't matter!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Prayerpartner, I loved how you equated Obama's remarks with all the crime and corruptness in this country. Because we all know there was no crime until the President said we weren't a Christian nation. LOL And sad that the OP agreed so excitedly. Anyways, back to the original topic, I didn't and still do not agree with how this particular group handled the situation, because I think it does more harm than good. However, I can understand their inclination to hit them where it hurts. Spend your life being told by the religious that you are disgusting, going to hell, an abomination, that God hates you, that you shouldn't have equal rights, etc, etc, and tell me how much respect you'd have for those people.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That is absolutely disgusting! This kind of behavior and other perverse behavior that goes on at parades and other events fuels the hate fire. If these people want rights, freedoms and non-prejudicial views, maybe they sould learn some respect. ALSO..remember that when the prop was on the ballot, the PEOPLE voted against it..not the church. States that are extremely liberal voted against it. They are forcing their views and force never creates tolerance.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Did this happen two years ago?
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 5:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010