Can you tell me a natural way to induce labor?

Anything natural.

trinrisa

Asked by trinrisa at 4:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• suposedly walking helps. thats what they told me not to do when the hospital was overcrowded when i went to have my 2nd cause it would induce labor.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I pushed a sofa across the carpet with my first and accidentally set myself into labor on my due date
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• have sex and right afterward get up and move move move. go for a few mile walk, go to the gym, just have sex and then keep moving and don't stop
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Walk a lot
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• walking, sex, massage the inside of your ankles and the web between your thumb and forefinger..these will only work after 40 weeks though or if your body is ready.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 4:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• its not after 40 weeks...mine worked at exactly 39 weeks the very first time i tried inducing labor
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• don't let anyone tell you to just wait it out. there are some moms on here who believe you should stay pregnant for 11 month and that trying to naturally induce labor is wrong but they are wrong cause it doesn't even work if the baby isn't ready
    Anonymous

• This sounds odd, I know, but use a breast pump on a very gentle setting. This can cause contractions to start. Just make sure you do it gently or it can hurt you!!
    cullensforever

Answer by cullensforever at 5:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i was in labor (nothing painful) for 12 hours for my last baby and i tried a walk, but my son fell off his bike, and we had to come home. anyhow...i ended up taking a nap, and that seemed to work for us, or maybe she was just finally ready!
    how far along are you?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• they say lots of sex - it didn't work for me though

and foot rubs by your SO - didn't work, but felt really good... lol
    JeffsBaby1

Answer by JeffsBaby1 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010