How do we avoid high-fructose corn syrup and not drink only water?!

I am always looking for better ways to make our lives just a bit more healthy and after seeing the toll high-fructose corn syrup takes on a human body, I am trying to cut it out.

-BUT-

It's in EVERYTHING: Juice, soda, flavored water, ect..

I looked at some of the natural sodas and juice options but I am having a hard time finding drinks (besides water) that don't have it.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 5:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• tea, clear koolaids ( I make with 1/2c sugar), 7-Up & sierra mist are made with cane sugar now. diet rite sodas are made with splenda. Lemonade made from juice.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• There are many different types of tea. We love Caramel and Raspberry tea here.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Maybe consider getting a home juicer. Then you can control what goes in. If the kids are wanting a carbonated drink you can add seltzer.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 5:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My little buy is corn sensative. Its not that hard to avoid it. Make koolaid, lemonade, iced tea. Drink milk, 100% juice, seirra mist natural
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• There is an organic tea that I recently discovered that tastes just like root beer and it's made by Steaz. It's actually green tea, but you'll never know. The only thing that I don't like is that it has 35 grams of sugar, but is still is organic and not bleached sugar. Also, you can try 100% fruit juice, and the good thing is that there are no added sugars.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If it is actual juice, there is no added sugar.

Drink tea, make lemonade, take seltzer water and juice to make your own pop.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ocean spray cranberry juices dont have it. It says it right on the front of the bottle.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• crystal light
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 100% juice, but water really really is best for you!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 100% juice doesn't have any HFCS in it.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2010