Insurance that covers fertillity treatments?

I've found out that i need infertility treatment and I am hoping to find coverage that will help with my full diagnosis and treatment. Which insurance company do you recommend? Also if it helps with the labor, delivery and after the baby is born.

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• More than likely all insurances out there will cover some sort of fertility testing and/or treatment, it's just what the company who you or your hubby works for has accepted as the plan(s) to offer that may not accept. We had Carelink and the plan we had covered fertility testing and some treatments up to $1,600. Good luck!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine covered all testing and some treatment (limited to 3 rounds of IUI), but no fertility meds. In my case, the meds cost way more than the treatment. My RE actually told me my insurance was pretty good compared to a lot of her other patients. My insurance is with Firstcare, which I believe is only a regional insurer. You'll also find that what is covered will vary from one plan to another even with the same insurance company. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't know if they'd tell you or not, but you might call a local fertility clinic and ask them which insurance companies provide the greatest coverage to their patients.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We have a Cigna plan and it covers NOTHING involving infertility.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks i'll try calling to see what they think is the best insurance
    Lori1818

Comment by Lori1818 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010