What is your Life Verse?

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

BJTmouse

Asked by BJTmouse at 5:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Colossians 3:12-15 (New International Version)

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• "Be still and know that I am God" -somewhere in the book of Psalms
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Life verse? I've never heard of this before. Could you explain a bit more about the concept and how one comes to figure out / find / or be assigned a life verse?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all yoru ways acknowledge Him, and he willmake your paths straight.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 8:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
    (Matthew 6:33 ESV)
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• A"Life Verse" is a verse for a believer,is one that stands out for you out of every other verse in the Bible.Sometimes it comes at a joyous time in your life,others it may be a verse that strengthens you through a rough time,and others its one of those that is your "love note" so to speak from the Lord. I hope that helps isabellalecour
    BJTmouse

Comment by BJTmouse (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 'Go then, and make of the world something Beautiful. Set up a Light in the darkness' Hymn to Hathor( an ancient Egyptian Goddess, who I Believe in, incidentally)
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 2:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• "We are all connected...to each other, biologically...to the Earth, chemically...to the rest of the universe, atomically." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have more than one.

My life passage... "Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless." (Exodus 22:22-24) I've seen this happen throughout my life.

My life verses... "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 12:3) I have also seen this happen.

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified." (Isaiah 61:3) And I have received this.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010