Have you ever been a surrogate?

Have you ever given birth for someone and had to give the baby away? How did it make you feel. I carried my daughter for my bestfriend but she died, now that I have cared for her for 2 years I wonder if I would have been able to give her up.

NiaSimone

Asked by NiaSimone at 2:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If I didn't have problems concieving on my own, I would love to be a surrogate for someone else. I think it would be a great gift to give them. But I think it would have to me their egg, and their DH's sperm, because if it was my egg, I think I would have a hard time giving it up.
    hstansbury17

Answer by hstansbury17 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I haven't and I would LOVE to but I don't think that I could emotionally handle it. I wish I would help out a deserving couple but it would just be to hard. Maybe if I thought of it as their child from the beginning? But then there's still no gaurentee that I wouldn't get just as attached to that baby as I am my daughter. I guess it's just not what God intended for me. I think women that are surragates are amazing!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• OMG ...I am sooo sorry for your loss. That is a terrible tragedy. I cannot imagine giving up a child. It can be the most beautiful gift that one can give to another. Good luck and take care of yourself.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We are using a surrogate,those that can are doing a great gift for those that can't :>)
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2008