How hard has it been for any of you to get pregnant with one follopian tube?

Dawnkeygirl

Asked by Dawnkeygirl at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a tubal pregnancy after my first son & lost a tube and ovary. I was told I would probably never get pregnant again.....I have 2 more sons!!

I recently found some information that says that both ovaries have more than enough eggs for a lifetime. Each ovary prepares an egg to release every month, it doesn't necessarily go back & forth, it's a matter of which ovary manages to release the egg 1st. I'm probably stating this over simplistically, but basically, you have just as much chance of getting pregnant every month as someone with two tubes and ovaries.

The reason I started doing a little research is that I'm 49, and most of my friends my age are starting or have been in menopause, and I haven't had any symptoms yet. My doctor actually told me that I would probably start early because I have half as many eggs. I was also told I'd probably only have my period every other month.....that didn't happen either.

Good Luck
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thanks for the info, that is evn better news!!
    Dawnkeygirl

Comment by Dawnkeygirl (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I had the tubal removal just a month and a half ago. I was told the chances are the same and the ovary that has no tube can release an egg that CAN travel to the other side. I think your body tends to make up for what it is missing.
    MrsOssiander

Answer by MrsOssiander at 9:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2010