WHAT AN ASSHOLE

TODAY IS MY BOYFRIEND'S BIRTHDAY. I HAD PLANS ON DOING SOMETHING VERY NICE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. WHEN HE WOKE UP THIS MORNING HE HAD AN ATTITUDE. I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING OR DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HIM UPSET. I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH MY MOTHER. NOW 15 -20 MINS LATER THE CABLE MAN COMES TO FIX THE CABLE BOX. AS SOON AS THE CABLE MAN LEAVES HE SAYS "WHAT'S MY PROBLEM?" I SAID "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT". HE SAID "I'M IGNORING HIM". I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO IGNORE HIM BECAUSE I WAS TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS. THE ONLY THING I DID GET TO SAY TO HIM WHEN HE CAME OUT OF THE ROOM WAS HAPPY BIRTHDAY. NOW THIS ASSHOLE HAS BEEN WALKING AROUND ALL DAY WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE I DID SOMETHING TO HIM. I HAVEN'T SAID TO WORDS TO HIM SINCE THIS MORNING. FRANKLY I COULD CARE LESS IF IT IS HIS BIRTHDAY. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND IT ALONE OR IF YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY SOMEWHERE ELSE JUST SAY SO, INSTEAD OF ALL THE NEGATIVE ENERGY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like man PMS...oh i hate it they say we get unbearable well in my opinion they get like ass holes with a damn stick up there ass
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Im so sorry. My ex used to pull this for years on his b-day. Its so frustrating cause you want to get angry, but its their b-day, so you just end up feeling really guilty and sad. Does he get moody often? By the end of his b-day I didnt know which end was up anymore I was so emotionally exhausted from walking on egg shells all day. But, with my situation, that happened every year. Even at Christmas, if he didnt get, "the right presents", he would sulk all day long. Hang in there and try to ignore his bad mood. Continue on with your plans and if he wants to be involved, thats great, if he wants to sulk, its his b-day he is screwing up.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Hey I'm so what you on this ASSHOLE *cough* all men lol! yeah I call that stomping around. My husband/what ever he is does that! Just stomps sometimes w/attitude. Sry no fixing it lol grrr...
    princessbabies

Answer by princessbabies at 6:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sounds like he's trying to pick a fight so he can go out on his own tonight perhaps.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I WOULD LOOOOVE FOR HIM TO GO OUT AND DO WHAT EVER HE WANTS. BESIDES ME AND MY DAUGHTER ARE ON OUR WAY TO RED LOBSTER FUCK HIM AND HIS BIRTHDAY. FUCKING BASTARD!
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 6:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Give him a kiss and say that you are sorry. Tell him that you have made special plans with him unless he wants to do something else. Explain to him that its HIS day and you just want him to be happy. But at the very least make sure that YOU remain happy.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 6:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• @ 35YOAMOM I HEAR YOU BUT MY QUESTION IS WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO BIRTHDAY OR NO BIRTHDAY. HE NEVER GOES OUT OF HIS WAY FOR MY BIRTHDAY.
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 6:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It does sound like 1: he does have male PMS (yes, I do FULLY believe they get it) or 2: he does want to go out with his buddies. Either way, you are right, just because it's his birthday doesn't mean it's ok for him to be an asshole. Maybe he had a bad dream, and that's why he woke up like that? You know, I used to have bad dreams, that my hubby had done something wrong. And I'd wake up really pissed at him, and stay pissed all day. Still, just go out without him. If you went out of your way to plan something for him, and he wants to ruin it, let him sit by his miserable self and sulk!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Meh, you can always tell him where you are going for dinner, and if that if he decides to get his act together and be a big boy, he's welcome to join you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• @ raine2001 me and my daughter are going out without his sorry ass and no he is not invited
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 6:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010