PMS symptoms..

Is anyone else so crazy moody during their period. I don't just mean moody, I am so touchy and irritable it would probably be best for me not to be around people.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• MOODY! My husband stays away. But I've talked to my doc about this and really watch what I eat during this time (less salt and sugar) and I broke down and have an emergency stash of meds for the four days that I may really need them. They are a lifesaver. Takes the edge off and no pill popping day in and out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I had a girlfriend who was like that, every month she would scream and fight with her man and you had to walk on eggshells, my sister gets like that too but in the emotional moody crabby sort.. I only eat like I am going out of style
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• surrenderI get like that sometimes. My period comes when it wants to. which is usually at least every three months but doesn't really have consistency because of issues I have with cysts and my hormones. Anyway, it gets painful sometimes but usually when I get it, it justs makes me so tired I can't do anything. Sooooo I end up so irritable I will bite your head off if your bother me too much. Yeah it has been a long couple days for me ugh...

jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I eat like crazy, gain 10lbs, and am incredibly moody! It's been like that since I had my babies. I had an ablasion last summer, and although I don't bleed heavy anymore, the symptoms remain. My SIL has the same problem. She tried birth control, but really didn't see much difference.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes, and it is an awful time. It got so bad I was having PRE-menstrual symptoms, menstrual symptoms and then even POST-menstrual symptoms! I had like one week a month that I felt "normal." This was before my last two babies. I'm breastfeeding now and I haven't had a cycle since my dd was born five months ago. It's no way to live though, especially if it is interfering with your relationships, work, quality of life. I don't advocate drugs, but if it's severe you could have pre-menstrual syndrome or even Dysphoric Disorder. Talk to a trusted/good doctor, get information together and get it treated! I'll be praying for ya.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010