I have a 7 yr old lil girl with major attitude problems

My 7 yr old lil girl can have major bad attitudes her new thing now is when you tell her to do something she screams at you in your face she does get grounded but that dont seem to work i take her special things away that dont seem to work and she loves to instagate her brothers and i dont know what to do sometimes she acts like a teenager and then one min she is fine the next she snaps and i dont know what that's all about but i have sat down and talk to her but she ignores me. i have ran out of option

heidicoone

Asked by heidicoone at 11:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A good wallop on the behind and straight to bed. Soap in the mouth. A light smack on the mouth will teach your child to respect who you are. Don't put up with that kind of crap now because once she is a teen you will have no control whatsoever.
    Anonymous

• Thats what happned to me, and thats what I had to do with my now 10 yr old dd.
    Anonymous

• have you tried spanking? apparently she thinks your "punishments" are a big joke. you are the mother, she is the child. You cannot let her walk all over you!
    Anonymous

• Okay I have spaked her but she theatens me with CPS and the cops and I try not to put up with it and there has been alot of times i sent her to her room the other day and she said she hopes that i die okay that really upset me and i cried and she told me to get over it and move on. My mom used anything to woop my butt and there was no talking back there was no cops or CPS like there is today and it scares me that my kids will call cps or the cops on me if I am to hard on them
    heidicoone

Answer by heidicoone at 11:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• don't be scared of her threats! I spank my kids and CPS knows it!
    Anonymous

• CONT my MIL called them on us for a bunch of bullsh@t. They said we were great parents and my MIL was nuts.
    Anonymous

• Ok, why does your daughter know who CPS and the cops are and all that? I think she needs a good spanking.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yeah she knows cps and the cops cps said i can spank with an open hand as long as i dont leave marks. it just seems like sence i have my 2 boys who are babies thats when the attitude came in and yeah i do see jealously with her and also i have 2 teenage stepkids and i notice some of that behavior but i dont want to excuse that at all and i told her because my step kids act like that dont mean you need to because my stepkids get away with alot not by my choice
    heidicoone

Answer by heidicoone at 11:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Why my daughter and other kids know cps and the cops because thats what they are teaching them in school plus where we live its cop central station plus imture people that have nothing better to do has called cps ppl on us several times so my kids got to meet cps and then cps goes to their school and talks to my children cps hasnt been invouled in along time but when they were my kids got to know them and cps also told my kids if there is any problems call us but there isnt and i mean for cps to put that in my kids head now we get threaten with it from the kids
    heidicoone

Answer by heidicoone at 11:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• sounds like she's learning by example. you should also not be letting your step children treat you like that either.
    Anonymous