How long were you in labor?

I was in labor for only 4 hours.

JeffsBaby1

Asked by JeffsBaby1 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• #1-From induction to delivery 12 hours
    #2-From induction to delivery 10 1/2 hours.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 6:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 7 hours with my first, I was just waiting to dilate. I pushed for 6 minutes.
    almost 4 hours with my second, also waiting to dilate, pushed for 7 minutes.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 41 hours with my first, 36 with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• wow i can't even say...my contractions naturally were painless til i hit 9 cm when they moved into my butt...those butt contractions were unbearable. labor is described as painful contractions and if thats the case i feel like i was only in labor for a half hour...if you count the painless contractions then i guess 7
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I started having contractions more than 24 hours prior to my first child's birth, but then she was born less than an hour after I was admitted to the hospital (they'd sent me home once, so I was reluctant to go back until I was sure they'd keep me). My twins were both breech, so I had a scheduled c-section and never went into labor with them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DD #1, induced at 9am, she was born at 9pm
    DD#2, admitted to the hospital around 10am because i was pretty far dialated, started inducing around 2-3pm cause i hadn't dialated anymore and she was FINALLY born at 1:55am the next day :P
    DS, contractions started around 3am, didn't KNOW i was in real labor, didn't go to hospital, he popped out on his own at 5am and we took a ride in the Ambulance to the hospital soon after that :P so his hospital record shows he was born at 5:30 but i'm pretty sure his birth certificate says 5:00am...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I checked into the hospital when my contractions were a minute apart, at 8PM and he was born at 3:22 AM, so about 7 hours. But I started having contractions the night before (so about 24 hours before I checked into the hospital), about 2 hours apart. I was dilated 1 cm that morning at my checkup, and 3 by the time we got to the hospital....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh, I"ll add I only pushed for about 20 minutes...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• #1 from induction to delivery 24 hrs pushed for 30mins
    #2 was a little different I was induced again but did not dialate right away then I started dialating again but then stalled at 8 cin. so after 17 hrs of labor we did a c-section (I was also having my tubes tied)
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 6:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 12 hours and then had to have a section
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010