Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What would you do?

My boyfriends 8 year old son has tried at least 3 times to hang himself. He has told us that his mother has hit him with a belt, her hand and other objects.She also calls him names. She has custody of him and his 10 year old daughter. The 10 doesnt speak very well of her mother but doesnt seem to get the same abuse. I've havent even been with my boyfriend a year, but I love these kids. We are trying to find a bigger place and get the money together to take her back to court and get custody. The 8 has told both parents he wants to live with his dad. Mother says over her dead body , than talk trash about there father to the kids. I'm just looking for any ideas you might have, or suggestion. I know we need to get custody of these kids, so if you have been throu this please help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • i really am sorry to hear that... i would say take his son in to a doctor before he does accomplish the suicide.... the truth is that once he tells the doctor his issues i'm more then sure that you'll get the custody of both of them. i wish you all the luck.

    Answer by Lynnsae at 6:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Freaking call CPS and get that child to see a therapist ASAP! Have the child tell CPS what he's mother does to him and the state will hand over the kids to you during the investigation. Don't let these children suffer until you get enough money. The poor baby needs professional help NOW!

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Call CPS. Those kids need out of there, you can't wait!

    Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • yep, I've been through this and theres never a perfect time to jump in there and help. I took on 3 xtra kids to get them out of the terrible situation they were in even though we really didn't have the room. Those kids need help now and if thats what you really want to do then do it now! Call cps and report what you know, you can do it annonomously but the more they get involved the more will be on record which will help you in the long run. Find a lawyer that takes payments, I did. Just do something now, if something bad happens you two are gonna blame yourselves.

    Answer by anichols1 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • I agree w/ mommy of two. Get him to a therapist and call CPS. In just a few short visits his therapist can back up your story and you'll have the kids in no time.

    Answer by new_mom808 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • What are you waiting for? Call CPS, take that kid to a therapist, help him! Get a pro bono attorney if you don't have the funds to hire one. Let him sleep on the couch or get him a twin size bed in the place you have now. Anything is better than having him go back to that he**hole. I'm sorry but if it was a priority you'd be moving mountains to do anything possible to right the situation.

    Answer by Nanixh at 8:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.