Have you ever......

Turned someone into to CPS? Why did you turn them in, did anything come of it, did they ever find out you were the one that turned them in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. My niece's mom. My niece was raped and was afraid to go back home because the man that raped her lived there. I first called her mom to talk to her about it an she knew of the situation and called her 4 yr old daughter a liar. I called CPS right then and there.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I haven't called them but I know a few people that have had them called on them, and that have called them. In all situations some one from DHS came and checked out the house and the kid(s) and that was all. At least thats what they told me. I have not personally witnessed what happens.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes I have due to child neglect. you can do it annonomously or tell them who you are but reguardless they have to respond to every call.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yes. My brother witnessed his friends girlfriend kicking the crib of her son and screaming at him (the baby was 4 weeks old). Also she put the baby in a carseat, on a stool, and then watched it fall off and didn't call 911 or take her son to the hospital. Stupid stupid 'b' word that doesn't deserve children. My brother and I both called CPS (since he witnessed the abuse). I still get fuming friggin mad (want to use other word) when I think about that situation.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh and it was anonymous. The lady at CPS told us they keep all cases anonymous. The girl I was talking about denied everything but they had a worker from CPS go there every day and he noticed bruising on the baby so he did get taken away. Thank god.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes! I called on a couple on my street who had an absolutly filthy house! The house was so bad that there was pet feces all over the floor, and food everywhere, and 5 dogs and 2 cats! The kids were unsupervised ALL THE TIME. one was one and he would play outside in his diaper! CPS did NOTHING! LOL stupid system!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2010