Is there pre registration paperwork for when you have a baby in the hospital?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, they usually give it to you when you go for a hospital tour. If you dont have it, its better to do it now that way you can relax while in labor instead of worrying about filling that stuff out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes,they can bring it in for your SO to fill out when they get you settled into your room if you're unable to do it right away when you go in

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• we did ours ahead of time and we got it during the tour we took of the hospital
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• neither my fiance nor i had to fill out any paperwork...we filled out the birth certificate form the day after she was born but there was no pre registration
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not all hospitals do preregistration (my second did not) but most do. With my second they had to send my DH back from registration with a stack of papers because I was pushing already and he wasn't there. My first I asked the midwife and she gave me the papers to fill out weeks ahead of time so all they had to do was call and say I was coming in on the day I went into labor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine did and the stupid thing is every time (I've had 3 babies now) once I'm in my delivery room the nurse sits there and asks me the entire list of questions all over again. So what exactly is the point of the paperwork? Do they shred it as soon as I come in or what?
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes they usually give it to you at your first doctors visit
    Monique78

Answer by Monique78 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yes but most of the time u caan just preregister over the phone so check on that
    keta_girl

Answer by keta_girl at 1:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010