Do you think he may be gay?

I know someone who had a chance to be with a few girls that were pretty and he keeps turning them down. He is 16 almost 17 do you think he might be gay?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• wow...umm no that does not mean he might be gay..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• What?! NO! It could mean he is being SMART and thinking more about other things instead of getting laid.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i don't think that constitutes a person being gay. I have a cousin who didn't have a girlfriend, never talked to a girl in a flirtatious way and now he's married with two baby girls and loving it very much. he said he was just waiting for the right girl. he's also a very mature kindda guy.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 6:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I guess there's always a chance...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• He could be very, very shy ..... or confused. Time will tell, don't rush stuff. Let kids be kids as long as possible. Dating in your teens is not a necessity whatsoever
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No...not all teenagers are that crazy about the opposite sex and it doesn't mean they are gay. It means they have other interests such as school,grades,sports,and just being a kid at home ith family.
    DO you mean he had a chance to "be with girls" in a sexual way or just daitng? Because I see no reason for teens to be sexually active. And maybe he is a smart guy with morals and respects himself,is waiting for a real relationship. It does happen!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No. My husband chose not to be involved with women until he was 18. It was just the way he was raised. What is wrong with respecting women?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I refused to so much as date a single guy until I was 18 and found the guy I knew was "the one". Some people are just like that. It didn't mean I was gay. ;-)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ummm, maybe those girls just aren't his type, for whatever reason. Doesn't mean he's gay. And even if he is, so what? If he thinks you should know, I'm sure he'll tell you himself. Meanwhile, I'd be very careful before you start assuming things.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Could mean a number of things but why would gay be the first thing you think of ? Maybe he is preoccupied by other things more important then girls !
    mamahol

Answer by mamahol at 6:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010