How did you make the switch? Crib - Toddler Bed

Update to my question the other day. Here is the link: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/592538/How_did_you_make_the_switch_Crib_Toddler_Bed

Okay, so we have dismantled her crib and it's in the garage. We kept both in her room for a few days, so she could get used to the toddler bed. When we removed the crib from her room, we took the toddler bed and placed it where her crib used to be. I also attached her Aquarium that lights up and plays music to the side of the toddler bed.

Well, I put blankets on the side of her toddler bed, now every morning I go in there to get her and she's sleeping on the blankets/pillows on the floor! Not in her bed! Is this normal? Should I remove the blankets and pillows?

The toddler bed is fairly low to the ground, but our floors are hard tile. When I asked the pediatrician about it, he said don't worry if she falls, she will learn. I just don't want her to get hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In case you don't read the link, she is 15 months old. However, she is 75th % for height. Learned how to jump in her crib two months ago, and last week saw her trying to climb out. Yes, she is tall enough to do it and yes her mattress was the lowest it would go in the crib.

Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son slept on the floor the first few days too... I wouldn't worry about it. After a few nights he stopped getting out of bed and stayed sleeping.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My daughter is 18 months old and to make the transition smoother we let her sleep in her big girl bed during nap time and and the crib at night and then one day the crib was gone
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• @ Alaina Unfortunately we don't have that kind of space in her room. We had to move all of her stuff out to the hallway to fit in her toddler bed, but then had to deal with the cats jumping on it and knocking things over. So we decided to just dismantle her crib and move her stuff back into her room.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She'll be fine... Their are rails you can put on the sides. Or at least they had them 10yrs ago. My youngest is 12 now - lol... You can always put a body pillow on the floor or check out mats that you can put on the floor... I think we actually had a side rail and also put a mattress on the floor.... The things we do for our little ones!!!! PS To All Readers - Stay Away FM Bunk Beds - It Is A Dental Nightmare!!!!

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The bed has two rails, but she goes to the foot of the bed to try and sleep =/

And I do that, hence the above post: Well, I put blankets on the side of her toddler bed, now every morning I go in there to get her and she's sleeping on the blankets/pillows on the floor! Not in her bed! Is this normal? Should I remove the blankets and pillows?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She will be fine. My son switched at almost 3 years and he was fine. Good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010