what would you do if your dog chewed up your glasses you had to wear all the time?

I am thinking of getting ride of her because she chewed up my glasses. The are not fixable at all. She chewed up the frame completely and crushed the glass part. There is even a little blood on the glasses from her chewing them and was bleeding. She chewed them up while I was sleeping. She hasn't chewed up anything and she decides the first time she does would be on my glasses while I am asleep. She did it last week so it has already been a week almost 2 weeks without glasses and it will take me until Friday to get the money and make the appointment then another 2 weeks before I get my glasses. I haven't been to the doctor in over a year so I have to get an exam. So it will be about a month by the time I get my glasses I have headaches really bad and my eyes hurt from not wearing my glasses and I can't see. What would you do and would you get ride of the dog? She is a cocker spaniel. How much should I rehome her for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pets

• give the dog an enema
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd buy new glasses and some dog toys! No way I'd rehome her because of this.
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My folks had a dog that ate a few pairs of glasses. That was years ago. Why don't you try putting them in a drawer or up on a high shelf. I'd be mad, but dogs do really DUMB things sometimes. Give her another chance.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My dog did that once when he was a puppy....I just put in my contacts and went and got another pair.(I saw that you said you can barely afford a pair...I was in the same position, and went to walmart and got some from their eye place...$15 was all it cost me) It was my fault, shouldn't have left them where he could have gotten them...can't completely blame the dog, honestly.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Look into getting insurance on your new glasses, then if she does chew on them again you're covered. Also, but them in a drawer while you sleep where she can't get them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• While I understand being frustrated because I know glasses are not cheap. I would not get rid of the dog for doing what is natural (chewing). If the dog can't be trusted then she should be crated when you can't watch her or you can dog proof your house. You might even try training the dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my dog ate a sock the other day.. i know this cause she got sick... there like kids they get board and then find something to do,,, i love my dog to much to ever get rid of her. so i say no,,, keep the dog
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Dogs can be a real inconvenience. But that's part of the package and you can just sell her for it. My newest puppy has literally destroyed hundreds of dollars in stuff (at least 600 just in 2 electronics) and idk how much I put into her health since she was so sick when I got her. We had a long hard potty training and she's still an annoying jumper/barker/chewer. I'm also allergic to dogs. There are times I wanna toss her butt out but even if DH let me, I couldn't. She's family even if she's not the most pleasant member. Part of having a dog is teaching boundaries (what's a chew toy and what's not) and keeping your things out of reach too in case. We have to do that with kids. A spray bottle of windex looks fun but you have to teach them it's not ok and you put it where they can't get it. If you can't do that, then go ahead and find her a new home based on the love of a new owner, not how much you can sell her for.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:21 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ive had this happen twice. Once it was a puppy... the other time a litter of kittens got my glasses down and had a party :P

Honestly, it isn't the dog's fault. She doesn't understand you need glasses... and she doesn't know they cost money... she doesn't even know what money is :P Id give her another chance.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• give the dog an enema

LMBO
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010