Pregnant on the IUD? :( idk what's going on

I have the Mirena IUD...have had it for 8 months.

It was checked once 3 months after I got it.

I've never been able to feel the strings myself but my partner can feel them during intercourse.

We always used condoms up until about 3 weeks ago.

Well, now I'm crampy and my breasts are sore...

I just got off my period this past thursday.

If it had dislodged, how would i know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know much about IUDs but yes you can get pregnant with one, but honestly it sounds like it might be to early to tell. Check with the doctor if you think there is a problem.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have had the IUD Mirena for about a year and a half now. In the beginning I remember being a little crampy, but it went away within 6 months. The wierd thing is I still haven't had a period! But I am totally fine with that. :) The strings are hard to find. They are in your uterus after all. What helped me find them was, ( and I don't mean to be graffic) when I am about to get in the shower, I put one leg up on the ledge of the tub, insert a finger as far as you can, and I mean FAR. You should be able to feel 2 skinny, short, thread like strings. Mine are off to the side. If you think something is wrong, then the only way to know for sure is going to the Drs.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010