holiday food?

what is the main dish you prepare for the holiday dinners? and is it a tradition passed by your family?

desires_place

Asked by desires_place at 6:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• always turkey and ham for thanksgiving and tamales and ham for christmas.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Turkey for Thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas, it's been this way in my family for as long as I can remember. Now, my husbands family serves both ham and turkey on both holidays, but he has a much larger family than me.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We have different dishes for different holidays-

Thanksgiving-very traditional, turkey with stuffing and all of the traditional sides
    Christmas Eve- my extended family gets together and makes tamales, then we all bring potluck dishes to my Uncle's
    Christmas Day- I make all of my families favorite appetizers and a ham with rolls, anyone is welcome to stop by, but we don't leave the house!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• turkey and ham and all the sides you can think of
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thanksgiving: Turkey (fried), small ham (bone in, in the crock pot with my own special rub)
    Christmas: Ham or Standing rib roast

The one thing we ALWAYS have on both holidays is homemade cornbread dressing though, that is what says "holiday" to us lol :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Oh, and yes those are all tradition except the standing rib roast which we do if we are sick of ham/turkey
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Turkey always for Thanksgiving. Christmas is either ham, roast or prime rib.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Turkey for all. I don't like ham, but my mom does turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then Ham for new years
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:53 AM on Oct. 12, 2010