are there "typical parenting issues" that have entirely bypassed your kid(s)?

Has your child NEVER bitten or NEVER disliked lima beans or NEVER acted up in a restaurant?

I am inspired to ask this because I just read a post relating to a restaurant and that always surprises me. My kids since toddlerhood have been appreciative and overjoyed to goto a zoo, mall, movie, to dinner, etc so it's an alien concept

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My kids are 11 and 15 and I tell you- whatever you "missed" in the younger years, you will get in the teen years ;) None of us get out of this unscathed! I have to say, my kids have never done anything I can not handle and for that, I am thankful!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Hmmm... I think the majority of the "parenting issues" that we have avoided we did so because of our parenting rather than because our children are any different than any other. We really are very very liberal, very free range with them, so when we do ask them to do something, they tend to, simply because they don't really get to many requests from us... My kids are far from perfect, and we do through all the crazy normal stuff, but we really don't have parenting issues like I hear moms on here complain about, mostly I think because we don't expect them to be perfect either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I can honestly say mine's never bitten anyone!
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 6:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i have 5 kids, and so far one biter :(
    when we only had 2 kids we didn't have behavior problems in public. i had twins when my 2nd was almost 3. it was really hard for him. he had time outs and tantrums in stores. my now 2 1/2 year old also has had fits in stores.

none of my kids have ever been medicated!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I can actually say there was a period of time that we didnt go out to restaurants. It was just too much for me. I ended up not eating, cause I was taking care of the kids. They got food everywhere, the floor, the table, their clothes. Im talking about till age 5 or so. But not when they where little. To me, it was not worth it and a total waste of money. So I guess my answer is, going to a restaurant was never a parental issue cause I avoided it at all costs! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My children don't do the tantrum thing, they behave in restaurants, 2 have never bit anyone
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have pretty much lucked out. No tantrums, even at home. eatting out was never an issue, I give them "the look" and they know to behave.
    As for other typical problems, my kids eat most vegetables, were easy to potty train, never hurt anyone on purpose(ds did however bite dd when he was a baby, but that I dont realy count)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine were good in restaurants, at people's homes, etc.....One was never a picky eater.....all three had good manners and made good grades.....those were the issues that bypassed us....we had other issues, though.....no perfect kids...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• LOL...My kids didn't bite either. They were really quite happy and the worst any of them did was want to take a nap in a restaurant instead of sitting up and eating. :-) They honestly didn't have "meltdowns". We were a quiet and calm bunch at our house. We made sure there was good food, a scheduled bedtime and plenty of sleep, no extended shopping trips ....all were ways to make sure the kids were well rested and not fussy in public. Kids who are demanding and having temper tantrums have learned that it works and that Mom won't care if they scream,continue to shop and never insist that they leave.And they are either hungey, missing a nap or stressed.
    I honestly feel sorry for kids who freak out in public and are allowed to do it.And kids who are miserable while in public, not knowing why.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I cant think of any big resteraung scenes. I mean he makes a mess, crumb dropping, ketchup on his sleeve that stuff, but I dont really see that as a problem. I try to not take him out in public when he's tired and I think that has saved us from a lot of "scenes".
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010