If you do not recognize the phone number on the Caller ID or it comes up Private or Unknown, do you answer the phone?

I don't! I have a list of numbers by the phone on the wall. If we do not know who is calling we don't answer. Can't stand the telemarketer and politicians!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope, sometimes I'll call it back from MY own blocked phone to see who answers. It's always some telemarketing firm. Sometimes I google the number. --- Telemarketers. I feel sorry for people in those jobs.
    DivaNCali

Answer by DivaNCali at 11:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope...mostly because I get a lot of collectors calling (not for me! For my mother, who insists on using my address and phone number, even though I have asked her repeatedly to stop, but she doesn't want my dad to know about them...ugh) and I am tired of them not believing me when I tell them I am not my mother. So if I don't know who it is, I don't answer.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Honestly? Most of the times I don't. I have an answering machine, so if it's important they can leave a message.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i sure don't... they could leave a message if it's important.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No way! I LOVE caller ID!!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Normally no, but as of right now I need to because my husband is looking for a job and he doesn't want to risk missing a call from a potential employer. Also because we had to downgrade our phone and don't have messaging so if we miss a call they can't leave a message.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I just let it go to voicemail. If it is important, they will leave a message. If they don't leave a message.. then there was no need for me to answer the phone anyway.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No I do not!
    dseay

Answer by dseay at 6:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Nope.........

Unless it's a number I know/recognize.........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• right now I have to 'cuz my Mom is in the hospital and I don't wanna risk missing something important. Generally I'd let it goto voicemail though, esp right now w/ all the political crap
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010