Is 1 year to late?

For a house-warming party???

Ok so we moved in our new home in mid dec. last year... then had my baby in april,, so things were in boxes for months,,, So I was thinking maybe throwing a housewarming for our 1st year here like a 1st birthday.. What do U think?????

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think that since you had a baby in that time and were pregnant when you moved that most people will be completely forgiving about it being one year later. We had ours 6 months after we bought our home because we live in a small town with many family members and 4 of us were due to have house warming parties. We did a progressive dinner where a course was served at each house and we got all of them done in one day.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't see why anyone would think badly of you. It's not like they're expected to give gifts, or are they? I would assume people would be happy for any reason to celebrate, just put an explenation in the invitation, like things were crazy when we moved in, so we're having a party on our 1 year anniversary of moving here. I would go.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Go for it!!! You have had other things that were important or more important to deal with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Why don't you have a 'get together' bbq or something. It's never to late for that.
    kimsardo

Answer by kimsardo at 6:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't have a "housewarming" party...kind of tacky since it's been a year. I'd have a get-together, a "just for the heck of it party". We never had a housewarming party when we moved, and next time we move we won't either.
    Anonymous

• You are suppose to have a house warming party shortly after moving in. People might not think highly of you doing it a whole year after you moved in.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010