Past and Future Lives

For people who believe in multiple lives, do you think that we always resemble who we were in the past lives? I mean, as far as physical looks. I believe in multiple lives, and I wonder about this. I am interested in trying to figure out who someone from a past life, may be in this one. I don't want to go into details since it would sound extremely eccentric. I am just curious if there could be similarities in the facial features. Do you know of any examples, so I could wikipedia them? I am really serious, before anyone might make ugly comments.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 7:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, that's a hard one to prove, since a) you can't prove reincarnation, and b) even if you could, whether or not you could find a picture of the person you were in a previous life is questionable...

Personally, I don't believe in reincarnation, but an uncle of mine once told me I used to be one of King Tut's wives, heh. Now, I'm blonde and tall, I really don't think I look much like an ancient Egyptian girl would have looked...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I believe in it... I strongly believe I was a pilot in WWII (a man of coarse) and have felt strongly about it since I was a child... I have never thought of it beyond that... never thought to do any research. I don't know if there is any reasons a person would have similar physical features... maybe behaviors.

Anonymous

• I don't think we resemble who or what we were but rather carry some type of thought process I guess. I don't really know. I want to study it further. It has always fascinated me.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I just wonder because of a man I was connected to (I also strongly believe, anon) and it has been pointed out to me repeatedly by people who don't even really know me. My thing that makes me wonder is because of how he looked in younger years, and the one guy I was extremely close to when I was younger (in this life) has some extremely similar facial features from about the same age range as the man from the past.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think we can, but I don't think things are ever set in stone like that... I have known people who's past selves looked an awful lot like them today, and others who didn't. I don't think I look at all like my past self... But I don't know how they all looked, so who knows. I think what matters are the inner lessons which we bring with us in to this life, not our physical appearance.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Being a spiritual person, I have been wondering about past lives my self. I do believe in reincarnation and I believe we carry on some of the same personality traits but as far as looks I don't think so. What if we were men in our past life? For all I know, I could have been Elvis. That might explain why I love fried food and kareokee so much! lol
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ruby: Love the Elvis comment! :) From what people have said to me, I was definitely a female in his life that was intimate with him.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You also can't prove god(s) exist or that the scriptures people read are true but that doesn't stop people from believing :) just saying :)
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We can carry over preferences from past lives. Often we choose the hair color or eye color we liked best in a past life. There can even be a physical resemblence--i.e. certain facial features, height, a prediliction to being thin or plump, scars or birthmarks. So yes, you can sometimes recognize someone you knew in a past life by how they look in this one. It's an interesting twist!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• possibly...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010