gay!

why is there so much hatred towards Gay ppl? ppl are still ppl and deserve to be respected. I havnt ever been friends with a gay person but i know that i would never treat anyone different because of who the choose to date marry or have sex with.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 7:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think she's just speaking generally. And I agree. I don't understand why people have to let how they feel about homosexuality effect how they treat the homosexual. You can disagree with the action, but still respect that you're dealing with a person...

Btw, I don't have a problem with homosexuality at all. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• WHY is it called HATE just because someone disagrees?? Not making cupcakes....not hate....annoying maybe if you dont take into account the THOUSANDS of OTHER cupcake bakeries that will make them...but stil not hate.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't see the correlation between a cupcake and hatred. When I ask the girl at McDonald's to put Big Mac Sauce on my Quarter Pounder they always say No. Not the original recipe is the response I get. I don't consider it hatred. Should I have called Gloria Allread about this?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yeah i'd like a link as well
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It's not hatred towards them as people, but disapproval of their lifestyle. Someone can be opposed to someone else's choice of lifestyle without hating them. Too may people get the two things mixed up. Same with abortion. I hate the fact that it is available & legal, & I hate that some choose to have one, but I would never hate someone for choosing to have one.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• By the way...THIS is one of the things that comes into the "shoving it down your throat" category. So WHAT if these people dont want to serve gays....dont GO. And YES I would say the same thing to a company that didnt serve short haired people or women....Unless its a case of you cant get POWER for your HOUSE and there is only one company in town....go somewhere ELSE. My Aunt doesnt go to Cracker Barrel because SHE says that gays get poor treatment and poor hiring there. She doesnt SUE them...she just doesnt GO. She isnt on Yahoo.com or cnn...she just gives her money elsewhere....Cracker Barrels loss.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• In a town that yields 4 pages of bakery locations per google, odds are someone could find the cupcakes they needed... Why sue? Empower the free market and shop somewhere else.. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• gotta link? in reference to your post?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Jewjew, Mcdonald's doesn't serve beer or bratwurst... I think they hate.. Like those of us with a german background... So, I don't go there. Just say'n.... ;o)

Op, free country~ A company has a right to do as they wish. You have a right to shop there... Or not to shop there... That is how the free market works. If enough people DON'T shop there, they will lose business and most likely change their business model? Following me? Sooooooooooo, the consumer power of choice is an amazing tool...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Because there is no attention given to shopping somewhere else --

TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN..or typed. this reminds me of all the hoohaa over some church (was it in california...big Prop8 Country?? i can't remember..) refusing to marry a homosexual couple, and didn't they sue the church or try to? (again, my memory ain't great) there were lots of other churches or places that could AND would marry them...but that wouldn't have gotten national attention or sympathy.
    it seems everyone's a media-whore these days. (yeah, bring on the vote-downs.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2010