How do you feel about your mother in law?

I get along with mine and then I don't..then I do. At times I call her mom and like right now, I just want to hang up on her and not talk to her...so just wondering how you guys feel about yours???

princessbabies

Asked by princessbabies at 7:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• mine lives very far away, and we only see her about every 1 1/2 years. i think that makes it easy to get along great. i also think it is pretty important for both mil's and dil's to take great care, and hold your tongue often!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have always got along with my MIL. It really helped we never lived in the same state or city. I miss her now. She past about a year ago:(

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Honestly, I haven't talked to her in forever. She hasn't even bothered congratulating me on my pregnancy, which I resent. When I was pregnant with my son (now 2), she was all over me, and when he was born, at first she was gushing about him non-stop. But yet she has NEVER sent him anything for Christmas, not even a card or a phone call. She totally ignored his birthday, but did manage to post something on her facebook about how "her baby" was now two, and how much she misses him, blah blah blah. Just sounded to me like she wanted sympathy from everybody else. Yet she never visits, calls, anything. So I found that incredibly hypocritical of her.

Plus, I hate her political views. She would bombard me with right wing e-mails, even after I politely asked her numerous times to stop. Eventually, I lost my patience and told her in no uncertain terms what she could do with those e-mails. Haven't heard from her since, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I never met her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think my MIL is a miserable old cow who needs some counseling and anti-depression medication. Seriously. I think she's a very hateful unhappy person who only gets joy out of trying to cause drama in everyone else's lives. You know what they say about misery loving company...it truly is sad though. She's lost a son and two wonderful grandchildren because of her actions.

HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Love her..
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I love my MIL....we've had our ups and downs over the years....such is life...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I can't stand mine. She is so narrow minded I can't handle it. I bite my tongue so much I'm about to explode. She also dresses like a hooker at the worst times like my daughter's baptism and at funerals. I'm debating signing her up for that TV show what not to wear.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If we have differing opinions and it doesn't affect my family, I learned that biting my tongue works best. But when it comes to my kids, I gently share my opinion on the matter. It's nice knowing DH is willing to talk to his mom also.....now if she'll only learn to stop talking long enough to listen to what we're trying to tell her, lol.
    thankful4itall

Answer by thankful4itall at 8:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We've had our share of problems over the 22 years me and DH have been married, but we get along very well.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010