is it too soo to be leaking?

i noticed a couple days ago that my breasts were leaking and at 24 weeks i thought this was too soon????

melsamomnow

Asked by melsamomnow at 9:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is different, but yes, some women do! :-)
    sarajo23

Answer by sarajo23 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• No not really. I was leaking colostrum at like 21 weeks. I continued to leak until I had her and I BF for 6 weeks. Its not anything bad but don't overstimulate your nipples. It can cause premature labor.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Everyone is different. You leaking colostrum, not milk, since that doesn't come in until the baby is born. I know some women who have leaked since the first trimester.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If this is not your first baby your body is familar with the hormones and what to do. My breasts seemed to leak the whole pregnancy with my second child. My doctor just said it is because they know what their job is and are reacting to the hormones sooner. So far this is my third pregnancy and they haven't started leaking yet but the have gotten insanely heavy and full.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 2:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Nope, all women begin producing colostrum during the second trimester. Some leak early, some never leak at all. It also doesn't change whether or not you'll have trouble breastfeeding. With my son I leaked around 28-29 weeks, this pregnancy it was 14 weeks!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008